For the moment it is just a cosmetic touch up, because the Asus K55 will have the announcement, Intel Sandy Bridge processors but it is easy to predict who will be equipped with new Intel Ivy Bridge when it is officially available.
The video section instead relies on existing generation GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 630M with 2GB of DDR3 RAM, which can provide sufficient performance to play satisfactorily even with the latest 3D titles. The hardware equipment also includes up to 8GB of RAM, up to 1TB of HDD storage on magnetic and a good variety of ports and networking interfaces.
The efforts of the Asus designers have focused mainly on design and then, accepting some indications from users of previous versions of Asus notebook K. The ‘ appearance was made more stylish thanks to a new brushed metal finish for the palmrest, while the cover is still practical to use a relief texture that allows you to hide the dirt better and the signs of aging.
There has been neglected ergonomics as evidenced by the presence of a large QWERTY keyboard with dedicated numeric keypad and dust-repellent technology that earned an Asus IF Design Award. Even the newest touchpad with buttons for selecting nested under the sensitive membrane and recognition technology with the palm of your hand to prevent unwanted touching when you write.
Instead confirmed the presence of technology Asus IceCool , which consists of a distribution of the internal components attentive to their thermal dissipation and which provides to position away from the contact areas of those components that are hot most.
Specifications of Asus K55:
- Processor: Intel Core i7 2670QM, Intel Core i5 2450m, 2350m Intel Core i3, Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor B960
- Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Home Basic
- Chipset: Intel HM65 Express
- Memory: DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SO-DIMM SDRAM up to 8 GB
- Display: 15.6 “16:9 HD (1366×768) LED Backlight
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM
- Storage: 2.5 “1TB 5400rpm SATA 640GB 5400rpm 500GB 750GB 5400rpm/7200rpm 5400rpm/7200rpm 320GB 5400rpm
- Optical Drive: Blu-Ray DVD Combo (Optional), Super-Multi DVD
- Expansions: card reader 4-in-1 card reader (SD / MS / MS Pro / MMC)
- Networking: WiFi 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth V3.0 + HS or HS + V4.0, LAN 10/100/1000 Base T
- Ports: headphone and microphone jack, 1 x VGA, 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x RJ45, 1 x HDMI
- Audio: Altec Lansing speakers and integrated microphone SonicFocus
- Battery: 6 cell 5200 mAh 56 Whrs
- Dimensions: 37.8 x 25.3 x 3.31 ~ 3:49 cm (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.6 kg (with 6 cell battery)
- Other: 0.3MP webcam